Friday, March 17, 2006

Erin go Bragh!



Hey all you sexy ladies and gents!

yes, that's right, 'tis I, your lovely neighbourhood non-blogger, checking in to wish you all a happy st.paddy's day and all that jazz. This is a particularly memorable paddy's day for me, as it is the one year anniversary of my arrival in the lovely land of Eire for my travels and tribulations in Dublin's fair city. Wow. can't belive it's been a year. that's so crazy. why does time keep speeding up on me? at this rate, i'll be 80 in the span of time that it felt it took to get from 4-8 years of age. damn!

anyways, lots of apologies for not blogging sooner, been a rather hectic past month or so. lots of job and relationship turmoil, to say the least, which has finally settled down and allowed me to do those little fun things again, such as write useless crap and post it for the world to see! yah!

am now gainfully (and permanently) employed for the official opposition caucus of my province, which is actually pretty rad. a decent paycheque isn't too bad, either. leaving the last temp job with the real estate office was tough, since the people there were totally fun, and two of the guys there were fighting between themselves to see who could offer me more money and keep me there. I was seriously tempted, but in the long run i think there are more opportunities here for me. that, and there's a younger crowd of 20-30ish peeps here, which means one seriously awesome thing: new drinking buddies!

last night got rather tipsy with said new coworkers and then went home and baked cupcakes at midnight (amazingly, no 3rd degree burns obtained)and frosted them with green icing for lots of st.paddy's day deliciousness! woo!

Anyways, enough of my blathering. see, this is what comes of not blogging in a while: verbal diarrhea. lots more to say, but will pace myself and just write more frequently.

cheers!

k

No comments: