Tuesday, November 21, 2006

OOh! New Features!

Hello guys and dolls!

Just trying out my new fonts and such on my blogger account. I will have to play around with this stuff.....but after my post!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. It's been a while since my post and I have spent the bulk of my time lazing about trying to cure myself of what ails me. (Not going so hot)

To follow up on the last post, I missed Frank Black (I know! Sad!) because I had the flu. Stupid flu. I will keel you, I swear! White blood cells, ATTACK! (i don't think they respond to orders, but I'll try anything at this point.)

My weekend was very busy, going to sex shows (Taboo sex trade show at the Agricom, not some 25c peep show, perverts!) and barn dances (the Agriculture faculty's annual Bar None for the U of A, where I two stepped and drank and tried very hard to flirt with an adorable cowboy who, in retrospect, was probably too dense to realize I was flirting with him....grrr). That was friday and Saturday.

Saturday was also the day I strapped myself to a snowboard for the first time in 3 (oh my god, three!) years. I went with SONiC, which meant that I got free rentals and a lift pass. Woot! I was rather proud of myself that I didn't fall down the first time back on the hill. I DID fall, however, and felt my brain rattle inside my head as I flipped head over heels. Ouch. The worst part was being schooled by a 6-year-old, who came up to me after my fall and told me flat out, "you're not very good, are you?" I was a little taken aback at this little tart's cheek, but managed to smile and say, "nope, I guess not!" I don't think it helped that she probably assumed I was on a pro snowboarding team, since we were bedecked in our SONiC orange coveralls. That, or an escaped convict, you be the judges!

Sunday was baking day, wherein I got all my Xmas baking done (ok, so it spread a little to Monday, too) and spent the rest of the afternoon smacking my stepdad's hand away from the shortbread. Also went over to Scotty and Lexi's place and played with their new kitten, Nemy. I looooove kittens. I miss them. I want one. Boo.

Otherwise, things be swell. I'm taking up my lunch hour typing this, so I'm going to stop now and get some soup before I waste my entire dinner time!

Until Next Time,

K

ps- Congratulations to Jenna & Sean, who just got engaged last week! I'm so happy for you guys!

No comments: