Wednesday, January 10, 2007

White-Out


So, the blizzard has hit. Rumours of one of the biggest storms to hit Edmonton in, oh, 20-odd years started earlier on this week. I for one didn't really believe the hype, as even yesterday it was fairly warm and not terribly snowy.
Then I woke up this morning.
Damn, how things can change in a matter of hours! Looking out of my window at work (nearly 9am now) I can barely see the trees 30 feet away from my building. This is exciting! I love blizzards, especially when I can watch them from the snuggly warmth indoors and sip cocoa while scoffing at mother nature. Ha Ha! Ha Ha Ha!
(I'm totally getting smited for that one, let me tell you. I envision my pipes freezing and bursting in my apartment, sigh. Oh well. It was worth the laughter!)
I hope everyone in the city takes it easy over the next few days. Please be super careful on the roads. I heard that most drivers can't see the tail lights of the person in front of them. That's bad. I recommend strapping your dog to a GT Snowracer and mushing him to work for the rest of the week. Ok, maybe your cat, too. After all, you probably haven't lost all that weight from Christmas, and you don't want to tire the poor pup out.
Ok, I have to go to work now. Take care, dress warm, and enjoy the lovely picture of Bonhomme I found online. He looks so damn happy to be out in the snow, doesn't he? Awww....sweet bonhomme. I'll have visions of syrup on snow for the next week now. hehe.
Cheers,
K

No comments: