Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Oh what a glorious past 24 hours I've had...

Greetings, Friends!

Despite being sicky sick and feeling like crud, I have experienced some wonderful surprises and bore witness to some interesting and amusing things over the past day or so, just wanted to share, because I'm in such a happy mood right now :o)...

...the sun is shining. Isn't that grand? To celebrate I ate my lunch outside for the first time this year. Ahh. And of course, what better lunch than a hot dog from Fat Franks, which has now, joyfully, returned to the Legislature area. Seriously, I think I ate there half my summer. MSG? Bah. Humbug.
...sitting outside eating my delicious smokie, watched two squirrels chase each other around the park like idiots. High-larious. Also spent 10 minutes watching bunnies out the window with my coworker, as the Leg is home to many of the fluffy critters.
...This week is Administrative Assistant Appreciate Week (I think it used to be something to do with secretaries, but that's un-PC...) and though I'm "technically" only 1/2 admin, I was delighted to find my coworkers return from lunch this afternoon with a bouquet of glorious spring flowers. Including a gerbera, my favorite flower. It was rad.
...I bought my tickets to go see the Dandy Warhols in May, and found out this morning that the White Stripes are coming to town. Yah!
...lastly, but certainly not least, I saw a most fascinating young man on the bus last night on my way home from work. I had to do a double-take, because it was so uncanny. He was a tall thin punk kid, dressed all in black, who was a doppleganger for Alex in "A Clockwork Orange." I had to bite my lip to keep from grinning at this kid. His fashion was impeccable. He even had a black bowler on his head and I half expected him to lean across the bus and beat some old man while singing in the rain....ahhh....Ok. Most of you would probably find that weird, or perhaps a bit creepy. I found it totally awesome and smiled to myself on the way home how someone could so intricately mimic a costume...

Ok...that's all for me, I've got to go to work now, with a smile on.

woot,

K

No comments: