Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Please, somebody put me in quarantine!



I'm not sure if it's a sign of the apocalypse or merely a bad flu season, but the past 6 months or so have been absolutely horrific for mass illness in my circle of friends, family and (most notably) coworkers.

Not sure what it is about the office. Maybe it's the recycled air. Maybe it's the fact that we spread our germs all over phones and keyboards and reach our filthy hands into the same bowl of candies/nuts at the reception desk. Whatever it is, it's nasty. I feel like I should be wearing a level-5 Hazmat suit around, or, at the very least, some sort of SARS-shielding surgical mask.

The coworker who occupies the office next to me was away sick yesterday and has spent the majority of today sniffling/coughing/hacking/oozing black goo (okay, not the latter) and every time he does so I want to slam my door shut and wedge a towel under the crack. And I'm not a hypochondriac. But seriously, when 10 out of the 20 people in my office are sniffling or calling in sick over the past few days, I get anxious. While hunkering down at home under the bedsheets sounds like a great plan, the amount of work I will be missing is too daunting to entertain the idea.

Auugghhh.My tummy now hurts. F***. That's it, I'm disinfecting my desk.

Ebola-ically yours,

K

1 comment:

Steph! said...

Haha. Whiner. You're all probably faking it :)

Loooooove you!