Friday, December 16, 2005

All I want for Christmas....



This season I've been more festive than usual, most likely due to the obscene amount of time I seem to have on my hands this year. So far I've filled my family's freezer with enough sugary goods to put an elephant into an insulin-induced coma and, in the process, managed to add a few pounds of shortbread and chocolate to my bum. *sigh*

Our family also dusted off the ol' Xmas video collection, which is one of my favorite parts of the season. Watching Chevy Chase fall off an over-illuminated rooftop never gets old!

As far as the actual day goes, however, I haven't really put much thought into it. I've bought my gifts, but I realize that I never actually made a wish list for myself (kitten). Most likely because I can't really think of anything (kitten) that I want (kitten). Maybe some clothes (kitten) or a movie or two (kitten). But none of that really interests me as much as the idea of a new pet. (kitten!!!)

Yes, I want a kitten. My kitty died over Thanksgiving, and all I really look forward to, truth be told, is a fluffy little buddy stuffed in my stocking (okay, maybe not stuffed, that sounds cruel...umm...gift-wrapped carrier, perhaps?) But I know i'm
not going to get that. no chance. family has flat-out refused my hinting, begging and outright demanding. *grumble*

So I hereby announce a petition to get Kelly a kitty for Christmas! Any comments or words of encouragement can be added to my comments section, which will then be forwarded to the rest of Miss Fitz's family for review. Come on, people! With your help, I know we can get me a cat for the holidays!

No comments: