Wednesday, June 21, 2006

HOME FREE!!!

Squeal-worthy news annoucement in 5....4.....3....2....

oh, what the heck!

I've got a place to live!!!

Yes, that's right. I finally have an apartment all to my lovely self. Many of you will recall how I was going to move in with Ms. Betts' roomie, Y.C., when Bettsy vacated the premises. Unfortunately, that didn't happen and both of them are unsure where they're moving,what's happening with the lease, etc. So, on the off chance that I'd find something half decent, I went to look at some apartments on Monday. The first one was decent and right downtown, 10 minutes from work. It was a little pricy at $600, especially when the bedroom could barely fit a double bed. Ouch.

Second place I looked at was with mum (yes, I took my mum, shut up)and was right near the river valley and in close proximity to Whyte and downtown. And it was awesome! There's no balcony (bsmt suite) and I can't get a kitty (yet....hehehe) but it's HUGE and clean and nearly $100 cheaper than the first place I looked at. I signed an application form, just for the heck of it, and I was accepted yesterday. So tomorrow I go to sign my lease and drop off my first cheques, and I'm in as of July 1st!!!! yah!

Now, as July 1st is a holiday, I don't think I'll be doing much moving that day. Maybe some cleaning, and perhaps have everyone over to my empty flat to see my space and drink some beer. We could even watch the fireworks from Saskatchewan drive. Sweet, no? Of course, if anyone's free on Sunday (July 2) I'd very much appreciate some help moving furniture (wink, nudge).

Okay, ttfn.

K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's the first today, so you make your big move today. Enjoy and try not to be too much of a disturbance in the basement.