Friday, June 29, 2007

B.U.L.L.S.H.*.T.

Seriously. I've had it. Guys=ridiculous children spewing lies. Not all, mind you. I am not quite ready to go around castrating losers. However, I am at the point now where, in the immortal words of Will Ferrell, "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"

I decided about 6 weeks ago that I was through with this whole 'net dating thing I'd been trying. I had a few good laughs, few good dates, mostly unimpressive/depressing shite that I decided I had to take a break from before I became a bitter little witch. Luckily for me, the last guy I dated from there was pretty good. Very nice, treated me well. Too good to be true, I though, and was very suspicious, something that made me feel guilty for doubting the genuineness of someone whose actions suggested that they were, indeed, sincere. Nope. No sincerety. It was too good to be true, and I feel stupid but, more importantly, angry that I gave someone every opportunity to be honest and it blew up in my face. I was forthright and understanding about his newfound "need for space" and gave it. I also got a big sob story about the reasoning behind it and how it was all a horrible thing for him to deal with, blah blah blah. Fine. OK. Then I find out it's all bull, call him on it (politely) asking why he felt lying was the way to go, since a) I'm not stupid and b) I don't like being condescended to. Didn't get an answer, of course, but was again not disappointed in someone's cowardice. Seriously. Does anyone have the balls anymore to just be honest? It's sad. The only thing I am never disappointed by is another's ability to disappoint. I'm not heartbroken or pining. I'm upset at being undermined and underestimated. I'm a nice person. A good person. Intelligent and funny and fun to be around. So really, just be straight up with me. And don't try to blame me. It's not my fault. You and I both know that. I know there are parts of me that are bitchy and stupid. So why can't others admit when they're assholes? You don't have to like it. But you should at least own up to it.

K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could have been worse. You could have dated him for years first.

Ms. Fitz said...

True, that.