Friday, June 12, 2009

Don't call it a comeback...

Yep, that's right.

After a nearly two-year hiatus, the Miraculous Melange of Miscellania has returned, this time with a new look and a new name. It's all to go along with the new theme, which will guide (though not monopolize) the topic threads on this blog.

On the advice of my good friend, Bettsy, I've decided to regroup and revamp to share my snide comments and inner monologues with the world (insert applause here.)

Being a writer and an overall word junkie, I thought that a unifying reading/writing/grammar/spelling theme would be good. With the unlubricated butt-sexing currently being performed on an unsuspecting English language, I figure it's time to fight back against lazy txtrs, drive thru business operators and those who can't tell the difference between "its" and "it's" (you know who you are *side eye*)

I thought it fitting for the first post to link to this website, which the Edmonton Journal today predicted will become the "Google of digital dictionaries". Wordnik takes words and phrases and offers not just dictionary definitions and common usages, but seeks out Twitter feeds and Google searches to track how the word or phrase is being used right now.

Visit Wordnik here. I think my faith in English speakers may start to be restored.

Cheers,
K

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I think you should continue with the Monkey of the week. For sure.

Steph

Unknown said...

Welcome back!

Jenna

Sean said...

That may be one of the longest periods I have seen between blog posts; either way it is good to have your blog back in our lives.