Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Imaginary Dates.

Just split with my boy. Not happy to end it. Not wanting to end it. But end it I did. Just not enough. Needs not being met. Maybe one day? Maybe. But only if shit gets sorted out. Want to be there for someone else, but you gotta have them be there for you, too. Right? Right.

So I'm thinking about men I'd like to go on a fictional date with. Maybe it'd be fun. Maybe it'd be a disaster. But it's all pretend, so who cares, right? Let me have my fantasies.


George Strombolopoulos. Long-time crush for probably every female aged 15-40 in Canada. Smart. Witty. Punk. Political. Has his own news show where he comfortably hosts world leaders as easily as Hollywood starlets. And so humble. And gracious. And has delicious facial piercings. Yum.






Caleb Followill. He could use someone like me (snicker). Soulful and beautiful to look at. Talented and that southern accent's probably a killer. And he's got two hot brothers, too. So maybe if it didn't work out, Jared'd be free?









Dexter Morgan. Yes. He's a fictional psychopath. But dayum. When I first saw Michael C. Hall in Six Feet Under, I thought he was "meh." But then suddenly he's got that dorky haircut and the abs with the leather gloves? Hellooooo. And no, I'm not into the killer thing. But that's a great character role. How good of an actor do you have to be to make a bad guy sympathetic? Pretty darn good.






Jon Stewart. I'd laugh so hard. And he's such an adorable mensch. And he stands up for himself and his ideals, not willing to back down on something just for the sake of being nice. See YouTube to watch him bitchslap Tucker Carlson. Swoon.







Colin Farrell. Swarthy Irish bad boy. Not a good influence in any way. But would be so much fun.











Ewan MacGregor. Had a crush on him since "Trainspotting" and he's only gotten better. Can sing and isn't afraid to get nekkid in his movies. Great smile. Better accent. And I hear he's a bit of a kink/swinger in real life. Growl.

Josh Homme. Normally redheads aren't the type I'd find particularly attractive. But QOTSA is one of my favourites. And he guests in or joins new bands every second week. Like Jack White, only without the albinism. He's tall. And tatooed. And is married to punk goddess Brody Dalle. Giant slab of rock n' roll. Mmm.

3 comments:

Alex P said...

Oh.... Oh KKKKKKK.... You totally forgot your favorite guy!http://www.nndb.com/people/426/000109099/leland-chapman.jpgsilly gurl! I do however like that you seemed to pick people with a gruff exterior- willing to call you on your baloney, and yet soft and squishy enough on the inside to meet your needs emotionally. Because even if you want to be supportive to someone, it doesnt mean youre not allowed to have feelings.

Lots of goodness. I like this post.

Ms. Fitz said...

Dude. One comment, one time. ONE TIME!!! You can't hold me to that forever! I renounce that. Totally renounce it.

And yes. Scruffy yet squishy. Can I put that somewhere?

Alex P said...

One comment. One time. Thats all that marriage vows are also. Pretty much everything has the possibility to only be said once. So... Yeh. I can hold you to it. or maybe at least hold it up and giggle every once in a while.

Scruffy and Squishy should be your basic descriptor to people who may set you up...