Monday, August 31, 2009

Finally made it to the beach!


Summer's nearly over, the weather's been for shit, and I've hardly gotten out, other than to leave for NYC in June. Can't remember the last time I was in a bathing suit. Pathetic.

Cohorts and divine artsters Jillayne and Sarah C. invited me on a road trip to Lesser Slave Lake for a weekend of sunning, slothing and sipping cocktails. I was in.
Arrived Saturday and hit the beach, which was deliciously warm and sunny. Even went and got our feet wet, though I didn't actually go all the way in. Snacked and enjoyed the weekend cocktail: Amaretto on ice with OJ. Yum.

Had a fire and roasted hot dogs, then made our way back to the Holiday Inn to soak in the hot tub, shower off the sand and sleep like babies on soft duvets. Sunday, back to the beach, then home for a little R & R before it was back to work on Monday. Delicious and delightful and the perfect way to perk me up after a shit week of breakups and car breakins.

No comments: