Friday, October 13, 2006

Dear God, why?!



So I was googling myself the other day (i know, my grandma said it would make me go blind, but hey, I can't help it! A girl's got needs!hahaha!)

Ahem. Sorry. I need a moment to just sit and reflect on my own hilariousness. (because none of you will do it, nonono)

Ok, anyways, so I found me (the real me, not some other Miss Fitz who sells cheese on eBay or something) and a few articles I had written a couple of years back for my University newspaper. One of them (my last, in fact) is on Che Guevara. Yes, THAT Che Guevara. I know that some people love him, and I won't discuss at the moment why that is 20 shades of uncool in this particular forum. I will, however, share with you my recent experience in France, where, amongst the goofy tourist items like mini-Eiffel towers and felt berets, there were (inexplicably) t-shirts with french lettering on them that had his (handsome) mug on them.

What the fuck is that?

What the hell does Che Guevara have to do with France?

This little bit of idiocy, while annoying,was a big validation in that, 3 years on, my writing is still as relevant as it was when it was published.

Warning: If you love Che Guevara, own the T-shirt or in any way adulate this freedom fighter...don't click on this link. Seriously.

Viva la Revolution!

Have a pleasant weekend, everyone!

K

No comments: