Sunday, October 29, 2006

It Snowed This Weekend!



Ok, I'm probably the only Edmontonian who will admit this (but I can't be the only one who feels this way, otherwise this city would consist of me and a really big, useless mall) but I love winter. All right, so the cold gets to you after a while, but there's nothing more beautiful than a landscape freshly covered in a thick blanket of fresh snow.

While Friday it drizzled/sleeted a bit, I awoke on Saturday to find a winter wonderland outside my window. I did a little happy-dance and decided that I would go for a walk in the white stuff when I had the chance.

Well, here I sit at work (yes, on a Sunday, not enough hours in the week, unfortunately) having trudged through the beautiful river valley, where freshly plowed pathways crisscrossed through swathes of barren trees whose last orange leaves dotted the unblemished snow like exclamation marks. Very pretty. The quiet induced by the insulating snow cover is also nice. It's like, for a few moments, I'm far away from civilization in my own little ice paradise.

Ok. I know, I'm waxing poetic about ice. But seriously, you gotta love it! Maybe on my way home I'll make a snow angel (or, perhaps, in the spirit of All Hallow's Eve, a snow DEVIL...)

Hmm. Now if only I had some maple syrup and a stick....

Luv,

K

No comments: