Tuesday, March 13, 2007

"We will have to determine the aquatic nature of the stream"

This is a direct quotation from the Minister of the Environment in response to a question by one of my MLAs. Just thought it was an excellent example of "poli-speak". What, exactly, is the "aquatic nature" of a stream?

Isn't a stream, in essence, aquatic in nature?

What. The. F***. Seriously. These guys must be listening to themselves speak sometimes, right? They can't honestly think that such phrases are meaningful or, even, coherent.

Making fun of them is one of the ways I deal with the stress of being back in Session again. Today I've been super-stressed (work and personal issues coming to the forefront to create some swirling mass of un-awesome) and have been constantly squeezing a little stress ball my boss lent me. Thank god I don't smoke, or I'd be downstairs chuggin' my lungs out right now. Just...4 1/2 more months...just 4 1/2 more months.....


****

On to more pleasant posts!

Item the first: March 17th---> St. Paddy's Day

Not sure what's up for this. But, c'mon, I'm Irish....there WILL be beer of some sort involved. And drunken Kelly. And we all know what that means. (Shut up. That was a rhetorical statement, jerks! hehehe....)

Item the second: March 24th---> Steph Power's 25th Birthday Party

So, I came up with this great idea about a year ago to celebrate our dear friend's memory by hosting a huge festivity in honour of her 25th birthday. Friends, family, classmates, etc. However, things got off to a slow start and Steph's parents did not respond to my calls as I had hoped, so that idea got flushed pretty quickly.

However, Lindsay and I have still decided to do something, though a bit more low-key, for that Saturday. I'm thinking I'll book a restaurant (probably Greek...Steph liked Greek food...well, that or I could book us at some sort of Salty-foods restaurant, but I'm not so sure they have those ;o)for the evening and then we could just chill out. If anyone would like to bring pictures or anything, that'd be great. I figure we can reminisce, share stories, laugh and (it's ok if you do) cry and all that good jazz.

I will send out an email when I have solidified the plans.

Lurve,

The Ever-So-Cool-Under-Pressure (ha!)

K

ps - Yellow clothing or accessories for the dinner are mandatory. If you don't own anything yellow, consider getting a daffodil or rose or something pretty and bright. :o) Also, as a special Birthday gift, I thought we could put some money towards THIS

No comments: